If you are trying to figure out how to use social media for your business, the chances are that you are a little bit overwhelmed. But, you should not worry, you are not alone. If you are starting from scratch, this list of social media marketing tips and trick could help you start off well. This guide will help you from things like social selling, customer service, or anything in between the too.
Here is a list of social media marketing tips and basics that might help you:
1. Pick the social media platforms – one of the most difficult things is perhaps deciding where your business needs to be. Bigger companies will probably have an online presence on several platforms, but what if you are a small business? In order for you to save time, here is a list of social media platforms and their benefits:
- Twitter – Twitter is a platform that is simple and quite straightforward. It is also one of the platforms that are a starting point for most businesses. It requires minimal setup and it provides a way for you to communicate with customers directly.
- Facebook – Facebook is one of the biggest names in social media. Since they are changing their algorithms, it might be more difficult for businesses to grow their pages and stay in touch with clients. Hence, one of the best ways to promote your business has to be the Facebook ad platform.
- Instagram – Instagram is a social platform that centers on visual content. It is a major hub for businesses, eCommerce shops, and influencers, and this platform encourages people and brands to get creative. From creative captions, fun hashtags, and mind-blowing pictures, it is one of the most unique ways to show what you are selling.
2. Complete your profiles – one of the most important social media marketing tips is to fill out your profile entirely. Not only will it make your profile look more professional, but it will make it easier for people to find it. By filling out the information on your page or profile, with things such as your business name, address, telephone number, and other important information, it will be much easier to find your business in a Google or any other search. Do not forget to claim your business’ name and URL, choose creative and high-quality pictures, and fill in the “about” section.
3. Define your content strategy – now that you have your profile set up, you will need to decide what you will post and when you are going to post it. It might sound like it is time-consuming, but it really narrows down what your goals are.
- Are you looking to educate people in a business-to-business space? Publish content, news, and opinions that are relevant to the industry your business is in.
- Are you try to sell product or services? Post high-quality pictures of your products, as well as videos of other people showing off your products.
- Are you focused on customer service? Shout-outs, tips, and updates that are related to your company are the things you need.
4. Engage with your customers – do not forget one of the most important things, social media is not all about your company. Try commenting on posts, retweeting, and publishing content of other people. Getting noticed on social media means that you are an active participant. Interacting with fans or customers can show that you actually do care about them and their opinions.
This list will help you start your company’s social media presence. You will not only be able to boost your sales, but also attract new clients, all by a few clicks on your phone or computer.