Everyone would attest to the fact that Instagram is the most aesthetic social media platform there is. It features photos within a diverse range of interests. With over a million users, it really is a feast for the eyes to see each and everyone’s artistic side be fully expressed. Some may think that Instagram is only for personal purposes, but in reality, it is flooded with online businesses that certainly had a boost in its sales because of its popularity on the platform.
Seeing how Instagram is undeniably a platform that highlights its users’ artistic side, creative entrepreneurs will find themselves reigning over it. Photographers, artists, and designers will be able to further promote their business by using this social network. How so? These are some of the best strategies you could do to ensure that your art will get the exposure it deserves on Instagram.
1. Be as unique as you can be. Instagram features a wide variety of posts which are products of the users’ self-expression that is why it is critical that you’ll create your own identity as much as possible. Hone your artistic expertise and use it to stand out. While it is alright to get inspiration from other artists’ works, at the end of the day, the one with the most original content still gets the last hooray.
2. Instagram is all about aesthetics, so make your Instagram feed as visually pleasing as possible. A lot of people believe that simplicity is beauty, but as true as it may be, it’s still best that you apply your creativity in your posts. Be grand and bold. By making sure that the lighting, angle, color preset, and size of your photos are captivating enough to wow your viewers.
With this, you can also ensure that other users will be excitedly waiting for your next posts because you’ve created the reputation of being one of the best in the field. Remember, for your business to be successful, you have to be people’s top of mind when it comes to your chosen field.
3. Master the use of hashtags. Instagram is a social media platform highly dependent on hashtags. By simply putting a hashtag on your chosen word, all relevant posts tagged with your preferred hashtag will come up.
How convenient, right? Now, imagine if you use trending and relevant hashtags on your posts. That means that all users who typed the hashtag that you also happened to use will come across your profile and Instagram feed. Once you’ve made a wonderful first impression with your feed’s visual, you now have one new follower.
4. Post your previous works. What’s great about this platform is that it actually serves as your own personal portfolio, except that instead of having to bring your portfolio in various companies, people are the ones who go to your profile to view your work. You just have to organize it in the way that you prefer and your target niche will be the ones to contact you for collaborations and commissioned works.
5. Initiate activities on your Instagram which encourage participation among your followers. For example, if you are a very skilled photographer and photo editor, then you can create filters or presets which are very much in trend nowadays. You can promote these presets and sell them in your account.
Also, if you’re feeling generous and you just want to garner more followers for some time, then you can create a game wherein the requirement is that the participants should follow your account and you’ll be choosing the winners following certain criteria. With this, not only were you able to interact with your followers, but you were also able to boost your sales by having more views on your artworks, whatever it may be.
In conclusion, Instagram would prove to be a great partner for every creative entrepreneur out there. Not only will you be able to promote your art efficiently by exposing your creativity in a large volume of users on Instagram, but you’ll also be able to do so in a trendy and fashionable way.
Art is something that is relatable to everyone and by utilizing the social network, you’ll be able to earn money while at the same time doing what you really love.
For more Instagram marketing tips, click here.