Labor statistics clearly state the resulting increase in the number of baby boomers who are concerned about their social security. Well, if you are one of the baby boomers, you may experience particular difficulties at work.
Baby boomers who have worked for 20 or 30 years are typically considered retired. Still, they are not necessarily ready to stop because they do not want to have much spare time or can financially support it.
The case gets much worse when some of them lose their jobs due to the economic downturn, and now they are forced to compete for work at a firm with people half their age, some of whom are still in high school.
What will you do with your life then? Have you thought of working remotely rather than spending another year pushing carts at Walmart? Don’t panic; we have compiled some quick and easy ways to supplement baby boomers’ income with online jobs.
Adaptable Skills for Baby Boomers Seeking Online Employment
There are sufficient positions that you can do online right now. You can even start earning on social media platforms by sharing tips and advice on topics you are an expert in. Some even go as far as creating Only Fans and make money by becoming the best milf onlyfans. All you need is a computer and good knowledge of your skill. Here is the list of other skills you can learn and adapt to start online remote jobs.
Less Specialized Skills
- Virtual Assistant
- Market Research
- Blogging Support
- Advertising Support
- Customer Service Incharge
More Specialized Skills
- Technical Writing
- Academic Writing
- Graphic Design
The First Step for Baby Boomers
Building the profile is as important as maintaining it for the future. The baby boomer generation must have enough knowledge to succeed in this decentralized labor market.
Connections are important here. You must need 500+ to survive. You can join groups and interact with other participants. Make friends who have completed higher education. Analyze your company list where you wish to be and see if it is easier for you to make friends with the previous employees. Connect with them and learn from them in all possible ways.
After that, you must have enough guidance in building your profile. Aim it to transform into a business portfolio. Add the milestones you have achieved in your career and be ready to market yourself. Moreover, make sure that you have set up a profile on LinkedIn.
If you are unfamiliar with the platform, it unites people from all over the world with a focus on career development and sharing professional experiences. LinkedIn is a great place to search for a job opportunity and connect with people in your field to increase your chances of being hired.
Online Job Research Sources
- AARP is famous for its work training program for low-income workers. It targets older workers who are willing to collaborate as national workers.
- Retired Brains allows you to have the job of your choice. You can search for part-time, full time and even temporary jobs.
- Work Force 50 is known for its advanced search engine for jobs.
- Dinosaur Exchange is a site that allows the advanced expertise of senior workers to be known by companies that are recognized worldwide.
- Seniors for Hire is another website that offers 50+ jobs. It has jobs according to the preferences with comprehensive outcomes that are easier for any individual to understand.
- Execunet and Gray Hair Management are the best networking and human resource sites that show senior-level management employees for businesses in need. It also has the facility of providing career coaching.
- Wiser Workers is a website that allows experienced workers to find jobs in the industry. It also has the option to find applications directly.
- Experience Factor Recruitment Solution focuses on jobs for baby boomers. It has free online training for Microsoft Office Applications, another incredible computer skill.
- The Mature Worker is a sponsored site in Arizona that produces certified employees with the capacity and the capability.
- Quintessential Careers offers a wide range of job and career options to help baby boomers seek immediate employment.
- Job Zone is a website that guides you according to your interests and choices. It helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
Training and Courses
Luckily, today we have many resources available that allow us to learn certain skills. Therefore, if you have some basic knowledge or you are a complete beginner but have a passion for certain subjects/niches, you can find courses and tutors online.
There are cheap and more expensive resources and there are also a lot of free articles, and videos that you can learn from. If you are ready to start a new career or want to make money fast you can opt for online courses or one-on-one tutoring.
Sites like Udemi, LinkedIn Learning, or Coursera offer structured and cheap video courses. The course creators are also available to help with questions and further guidance.
There are no hurdles on your way to achieving great things, even as a senior and earning some good money. You can easily find communities on Facebook that support each other during the learning period. You can always find people to share knowledge with and learn additional skills.
New things are always complex. However, it is important to look at the journey of what you have gone through and then see where you are currently standing. No matter what stage you are on, even as a baby boomer, you can transfer your abilities and generate additional revenue or even get ready to launch your new business on the road.
Now is the time to level up your game and see the ball landing in your court. Trust the process, work hard, and be patient and you are good to go to supplement your income.