FB users are aware of how helpful the platform can be for business promotion, audience engagement, entertainment, personal development, and just communication with like-minders. Millions of users post videos, images, thoughts and share helpful info with the public to make the most out of the social network. Can you imagine how much data every user has within FB?
You have been using this popular network for years, and in one day, someone decides to hack your account, and all photos, videos, and other data will be lost. Well, you won’t defend yourself completely against break-ins, but following a few rules will improve your chances of protecting your account (see bonus info at the end of the article). But a hacking threat is the worst thing people prepare for when saving their data. How about keeping all of your essential and memorable FB info before deleting the profile?
Anyway, whether you’ve decided to delete an account and do away with FB entirely or you’re afraid of being hacked and missing all the info you’ve managed to collect in such a long time — it’s better to be aware of how to backup all your FB data and download Facebook video content, images, messages, etc. in advance (for example using the Ingramer downloader, SaveAs downloader, Getfvid downloader and so on).
See below to explore handy and valuable data backup methods and search FB downloader tools that will be the best solution for you to save all data on a trusted device.
Data backup via Facebook settings
It is doable to upload your FB info directly from the platform, but the process will not be rapid as you have to wait for a message from FB to complete the downloading. Before confirming the downloading, you may pick out the items you wish to get or just choose “download all data” that includes images, videos, profile info, messages, interactions, etc.
How to backup to pc:
- Log in into your FB acc the data of which you are going to upload on a computer.
- Find the “inverted triangle” on the top right of the page and click on it to pick out “Settings” > “Your Facebook Information“.
- Then choose “Download Your Info”.
- Decide on what you desire to save or pick out “All of my data”, set up additional filters such as period, media quality, format.
- Make sure you select the correct ticked items if you want to retrieve a part of data — otherwise, you will have to re-request the backup again that will also take time.
- Hit the “Create file” icon to launch the preparation of the file for saving.
- After the file is processed, you have to wait for days to get a message from FB on email about the chosen data ready to be downloaded. As soon as you get a FB message, open it and follow the link for downloading and log in to the platform again. Choose a spot for your stored info, and you will get all of your data in a zip format.
How to backup to phone:
- Log in to your FB account via mobile.
- Pick out the “3 horizontal lines” icon > hit “Settings & Privacy” then “Settings”.
- Scroll below to find “Your Facebook information” then “Download your Info”.
- Determine what data you desire to get on the phone.
- Finish pre-downloading process picking out media content quality for saving, format, and period.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see a blue button for file creation. Tap it.
After that stage, wait for several days for FB notification with a prepared link for downloading data to the phone.
Data backup via cloud storage tools
If you wish to have a cloud-based service to keep FB content safe, you may consider cloud storage tools. For example, pCloud was designed to store your PC or social media data, including keeping FB media content. It has paid plans and requires signing up. To download FB content, pick out My uploads > Social backups > Facebook and start the uploading process.
The tool also has a feature of keeping images/videos, including those on which you’ve been tagged in FB. You just create an acc on the service and access stored data from any device via the account. It has a free plan, but a paid one lets you download and keep more data because of the extensive storage.
The service has a trial version and a paid one with extensive storage possibilities. With the tool, you may get all your profile info after signing in to Backupify and picking out FB to launch the uploading process. Thus, you’ll get a reserve copy of the profile info, including media content, posts, comments, notes, friend list, etc.(also the content you’ve been tagged in).
It is a data archiving software for Windows operating systems that may store data from different sources. It is not the easiest program to deal with, but if you are serious about backing up data from various sources and devices, you can try the free 30-day trial.
I think you will find out during this period of time whether it is useful and convenient for you or not. In any case, you will need to download the software and then start a backup of your FB profile. Thus, you will get all profile info, messages, posts, comments and content including the one you’ve been mentioned.
The last thoughts
The importance of backing up your profile data is indisputable, whether you want to protect your FB profile in case of a break-in or to keep all your memories before deleting the account. But more often, you need more protection for your account than just backing up your FB profile data.
To protect your FB account:
- be creative and come up with different passwords at least once every six months;
- customize a Two-Factor authentication to log in to FB and modify a password in case of a hacking attack.
- never click on unfamiliar links from unreliable sources or strange accounts;
- remember to log out of your FB acc entirely when using someone else’s computer/device;
- clean your browser from sites you have visited before to get rid of possible malicious links;
- optionally, you may try to use a password manager, so you don’t have to remember complicated and unique passwords every time.
And, of course, keep your account data just in case, so you don’t regret losing information later. Good luck!