In this technologically driven world, students’ preferences have changed, and now they prefer to do the courses that help them stay up-to-date with the technology. Among many courses, the Data Science course is gaining wider popularity. This course attracts not only technological enthusiasts’ students but also the entrepreneurs and renowned business owners. Almost every business uses Data Science to add value to every aspect of their operations and due to the same, the demand for Data Scientists is also increasing rapidly. If you want to be a predictive and efficient decision-maker, get enrolled at the Master of Data Science program, which can help you have a flourishing career.
When it comes to getting a Master’s degree in Data Science, there are many renowned data science colleges in Canada where the students can get the skills to practice Data Science at a professional level. Below here are some of the Data Science Colleges in Canada listed, have a look:
- McGill University
- Carleton University
- University of Waterloo’
- Queen University
- University of Western Ontario
- HEC Montreal
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Toronto
- Ryerson University
Click here to know more about Data Science Colleges in Canada.
Duration of Data Science Course
The entire duration for masters in data science in the top-most Data Science colleges in Canada is almost 1.5 to 2 years. While a few universities provide 8 months on-campus study, which is followed by an internship of 8-months. The students can pursue data science courses in Canada, along with data analysis as a single program.
Eligibility for MS in Data Science in Canada
Candidates planning for pursuing a course in Data Science Course in Canada must sustain the following proofs of their eligibility for the admission:
- 4-years of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer sciences, business analytics, economics, statistics, or related subjects.
- The GPA of each university varies in numbers. However, an average GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.33 is mandatory for admission to MS in Data Science in Canada.
- Submission of all the official transcripts of the previous education. However, a few institutes that might ask you to submit certified copies of the documents.
- If you are an international student, it is a must to obtain certified English/French language translations for transcripts.
- English language proficiency proof has to be submitted by the international students who belong to non-native English speaking countries. Standardized scores of TOEFL or IELTS scores will be required at the time of admission.
- The applicants are required to submit almost 2-3 LORs for doing a master’s in data science.
- Many universities might ask the applicants for their SOP along with a resume or CV with a detailed academic and work experience in addition to the application.
Data Scientist Qualifications
The students who want to study a data science course must have the following skills to become an excellent Data Scientist:
- Mathematics and statistics skills: good understanding of statistics, probability, and hypothesis testing.
- Artificial intelligence: Machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision and a modern computational approach
- Distributed processing: splitting up the large data and processing tasks available to several machines.
- Knowledge of Domain: specific domains and applications.
Skills of Data presentation: communicate their findings from the data in a more impactful way.
Data Science Fees at Data Science Colleges in Canada
For international students, the average tuition fee for doing a course in data science varies from USD 15, 000-35,000 while there are some other pre-arrival costs that the students need to arrange.
- Program Application Fees- USD 76-136
- Visa Application Fees- USD 235
- Health Insurance- USD 10,000
- IELTS Fees- USD 185-190
- TOEFL Fees- USD 160-250
The international students who plan to do a course from one of the data science colleges in Canada need to spend a lot while studying other expenses besides tuition costs. These expenses include the cost of living, stationery, transportation, etc., and it varies from university to university.
Masters in Data Science Programs in Canada
Both the students and professionals are planning to do data analytics and data science courses to explore different career opportunities in this profession post-dosing from the top data science colleges in Canada.
Why masters programs in Canada
- Various prestigious and well-reputed universities offer various masters in data science courses to the national and international students.
- The companies look for professional data analysts and data scientists who can help them in growing their business.
- After completing the course, the students can get an average starting salary of almost USD 60,000 annually.
- Due to the wider opportunities in the Data Science course, there has been a significant increase in the number of data scientists and multinational companies looking for data professions.
- It is expected that almost 4 million professionals in the data science field will be required in the upcoming 5 years.
- It is reported that the demand for data scientists is 50% higher as compared to software engineers; in the coming times, the number of requirements will not decrease.
- For international students, there are many other benefits as well, which they can avail while studying at data science colleges in Canada.
- The students can quickly get accommodation at the lowest rates in addition to affordable tuition fees and expenses.
- The international students can quickly get the study visa and work permit facilitation.
- The students post completing their course from data science colleges in Canada can start working in any of the national and international firms as the Canadian Universities are recognizable anywhere in Europe, the USA, Australia, and the rest of the world.
- The international students also get the availability of Canada online masters of data science.
The Master of Science in Data Science is an application-based program allowing the students to broaden their understanding of cutting-edge measurements, advanced data securing, computerized data administration, data investigation, and data introduction. The international students prefer doing a course in Data Science Course from the top Data Science Colleges in Canada. The country’s technological proficiency, combined with its multicultural environment, makes the program quite popular among the national and international students.