Everest Re Group, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and insurance products. The company operates in five segments: U.S. Reinsurance, International, Bermuda, and Insurance. The U.S. Reinsurance segment writes property and casualty reinsurance; and specialty lines of business, including marine, aviation, surety, and accident and health insurance through reinsurance brokers, as well as directly with ceding companies in the Unites States. The International segment writes foreign property and casualty reinsurance in Canada, Singapore, Brazil, Miami, and New Jersey. The Bermuda segment provides reinsurance and insurance to property and casualty markets through brokers and directly with ceding companies in Bermuda; and reinsurance to the United Kingdom and European markets. The Insurance segment writes property and casualty insurance products directly, as well as through general agents, brokers, and surplus lines brokers in the United States and Canada. The company also provides property and casualty reinsurance and insurance coverages, such as errors and omissions liability, directors' and officers' liability, medical malpractice, and worker's compensation products. Everest Re Group, Ltd. was founded in 1973 and is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Business Analysis of Everest Re Group
The Insurance Sector is witnessing a major shakeup, new age business models in the industry are transforming both customers and businesses. Faced with this uncertainity, companies are investing resources to transform their business. An in-depth business analysis is a valuable resource to identify and articulate the need for a business model change. At R&P Research we believe, the starting point for a business analysis is Benchmarking. Business benchmarking can be done at various levels: 1) Industry Benchmarking 2) Peer Benchmarking 3) Disruptors Benchmarking. In this report, we share the snapshot of how Everest Re Group compares against the industry on the major performance indicators. This analysis, along with peer group/disruptors benchmarking and revenue model understanding can help identify growth and cost optimization opportunities to maximize the value delivered by Everest Re Group to its stakeholders. R&P Research Industry Intelligence Platform provides historical data for last 15 years with an easy to use benchmarking interface for an in-depth comparative business analysis.
Here is the performance snapshot of Everest Re Group with an interactive chart.
- Revenue Growth: Everest Re Group reported a revenue growth of 2.1% year-on-year during 2016. Property & Casualty Insurance Industry grew at 6.6% in the same period
- COGS share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Everest Re Group spent 74.7% of its total revenues on COGS. Property & Casualty Insurance industry average (COGS share of revenue) in the same period was 65.6%
- R&D share of Revenues: Everest Re Group R&D share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- SG&A share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Everest Re Group spent 5.7% of its total revenues on Sales, Marketing, and General Administration (SG&A). Property & Casualty Insurance industry average SG&A spending in the same period was 14.9%
- Inventory share of Revenues: Everest Re Group Inventory share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- Accounts Payable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Everest Re Group invested 3.3% of its total revenues on Accounts Payable (A/P) Property & Casualty Insurance industry average Accounts Payable investment in the same period was 18.9%
- Accounts Receivable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Everest Re Group invested 46.5% of its total revenues on Accounts Receivable (A/R). Property & Casualty Insurance industry average Accounts Receivable investment in the same period was 33.0%
- PP&E share of Revenues: Everest Re Group PP&E share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- Intangibles share of Revenues: Everest Re Group Intangibles share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- Net Margins: Everest Re Group Net Margins in the year 2016 were 17.2%. Property & Casualty Insurance industry average Net Margins in the same period were 8.2%
Sector and Industry Association of Everest Re Group
For the purpose of performance benchmarking of a company with a sector or industry average, R&P Research associates every company with one sector and one industry. An industry consists of companies with related/similar business models. A sector comprises of a group of related/similar industries. For high-level analysis purposes, related/similar sectors are grouped into sector groups.
Everest Re Group is associated with Financials Sector Group, Insurance Sector, and Property & Casualty Insurance Industry.
Insurance sector is comprised of the following industries: Life Insurance; Property & Casualty Insurance; Surety & Title Insurance; Insurance Brokerage; Diversified Insurance. The definitions for each of the industries is as follows:
- Life Insurance industry includes companies engaged principally in life insurance.
- Property & Casualty Insurance industry includes companies engaged principally in accident, fire, automotive, marine, malpractice and other classes of non-life insurance.
- Surety & Title Insurance industry includes companies providing title & surety insurance.
- Insurance Brokerage industry includes insurance brokers and agencies.
- Diversified Insurance industry includes companies with life, health, property & casualty, and reinsurance interests, none of which predominates.
Industry Ranking of Everest Re Group
With $5.8 billion revenues, Everest Re Group ranked number 16 of all the companies in the US Property & Casualty Insurance industry. There were a total of 66 public companies in the US Property & Casualty Insurance industry that had revenues greater than $50 million during 2016.
The top-10 companies in the US Property & Casualty Insurance industry by revenues during 2016 were:
Business Model Analysis (BMA) Framework
We use the following framework to assess the business model of a company. Business Model Analysis framework can be used by organizations to articulate growth strategies and identify cost optimization opportunities. Technology and consulting companies can use this framework to identify the value drivers and pain points of their targeted customers. Entrepreneurs can use this framework to understand the language of business and identify promising business opportunities. This framework can be used by any professional aspiring to take up a leadership role to better understand the businesses challenges, articulate growth strategy, and monitor the business improvement requirements for the organization.
- Conduct a holistic benchmarking; to identify and target additional sources of value
- Get in touch with us to learn more about Business Model Analysis Framework
- Get free data, charts, and analysis of Everest Re Groupand its peers on select key performance indicators by clicking the reports provided below