Fidelity National Financial, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides title insurance, and technology and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries in the United States. Its Title segment offers title insurance, escrow, and other title related services, including collection and trust activities, trustee sales guarantees, recordings and conveyances, and home warranty insurance. The company's Black Knight segment provides software systems and information solutions comprising mission critical technology and data and analytics services that facilitate and automate various business processes across the life cycle of a mortgage. Its Restaurant Group segment owns, operates, and franchises restaurants comprising O'Charley's, Ninety Nine Restaurants, Village Inn, Bakers Square, and Legendary Baking concepts. The company also offers information used by title insurance underwriters, title agents, and closing attorneys to underwrite title insurance policies for real property sales and transfer. Fidelity National Financial, Inc. was founded in 1847 and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.
Business Analysis of Fidelity National Financial
The Insurance Sector is witnessing a major shakeup, new age business models in the industry are transforming both customers and businesses. Faced with this uncertainity, companies are investing resources to transform their business. An in-depth business analysis is a valuable resource to identify and articulate the need for a business model change. At R&P Research we believe, the starting point for a business analysis is Benchmarking. Business benchmarking can be done at various levels: 1) Industry Benchmarking 2) Peer Benchmarking 3) Disruptors Benchmarking. In this report, we share the snapshot of how Fidelity National Financial compares against the industry on the major performance indicators. This analysis, along with peer group/disruptors benchmarking and revenue model understanding can help identify growth and cost optimization opportunities to maximize the value delivered by Fidelity National Financial to its stakeholders. R&P Research Industry Intelligence Platform provides historical data for last 15 years with an easy to use benchmarking interface for an in-depth comparative business analysis.
Here is the performance snapshot of Fidelity National Financial with an interactive chart.
- Revenue Growth: Fidelity National Financial reported a revenue growth of 4.6% year-on-year during 2016. Surety & Title Insurance Industry grew at -0.5% in the same period
- COGS share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Fidelity National Financial spent 10.3% of its total revenues on COGS. Surety & Title Insurance industry average (COGS share of revenue) in the same period was 10.3%
- R&D share of Revenues: Fidelity National Financial R&D share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- SG&A share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Fidelity National Financial spent 70.9% of its total revenues on Sales, Marketing, and General Administration (SG&A). Surety & Title Insurance industry average SG&A spending in the same period was 57.9%
- Inventory share of Revenues: Fidelity National Financial Inventory share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- Accounts Payable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Fidelity National Financial invested 15.0% of its total revenues on Accounts Payable (A/P) Surety & Title Insurance industry average Accounts Payable investment in the same period was 16.3%
- Accounts Receivable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Fidelity National Financial invested 5.6% of its total revenues on Accounts Receivable (A/R). Surety & Title Insurance industry average Accounts Receivable investment in the same period was 15.5%
- PP&E share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Fidelity National Financial invested 6.4% of its total revenues on Property, Plants, and Equipments (PP&E). Surety & Title Insurance industry average PPE investment in the same period was 5.2%
- Intangibles share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Fidelity National Financial invested 74.0% of its total revenues on Intangibles. Surety & Title Insurance industry average Intangibles investment in the same period was 64.6%
- Net Margins: Fidelity National Financial Net Margins in the year 2016 were 6.8%. Surety & Title Insurance industry average Net Margins in the same period were 15.4%
Sector and Industry Association of Fidelity National Financial
For the purpose of performance benchmarking of a company with a sector or industry average, R&P Research associates every company with one sector and one industry. An industry consists of companies with related/similar business models. A sector comprises of a group of related/similar industries. For high-level analysis purposes, related/similar sectors are grouped into sector groups.
Fidelity National Financial is associated with Financials Sector Group, Insurance Sector, and Surety & Title Insurance Industry.
Insurance sector is comprised of the following industries: Life Insurance; Property & Casualty Insurance; Surety & Title Insurance; Insurance Brokerage; Diversified Insurance. The definitions for each of the industries is as follows:
- Life Insurance industry includes companies engaged principally in life insurance.
- Property & Casualty Insurance industry includes companies engaged principally in accident, fire, automotive, marine, malpractice and other classes of non-life insurance.
- Surety & Title Insurance industry includes companies providing title & surety insurance.
- Insurance Brokerage industry includes insurance brokers and agencies.
- Diversified Insurance industry includes companies with life, health, property & casualty, and reinsurance interests, none of which predominates.
Industry Ranking of Fidelity National Financial
With $9.6 billion revenues, Fidelity National Financial ranked number 1 of all the companies in the US Surety & Title Insurance industry. There were a total of 6 public companies in the US Surety & Title Insurance industry that had revenues greater than $50 million during 2016.
The top companies in the US Surety & Title Insurance industry by revenues during 2016 were:
Business Model Analysis (BMA) Framework
We use the following framework to assess the business model of a company. Business Model Analysis framework can be used by organizations to articulate growth strategies and identify cost optimization opportunities. Technology and consulting companies can use this framework to identify the value drivers and pain points of their targeted customers. Entrepreneurs can use this framework to understand the language of business and identify promising business opportunities. This framework can be used by any professional aspiring to take up a leadership role to better understand the businesses challenges, articulate growth strategy, and monitor the business improvement requirements for the organization.
- Conduct a holistic benchmarking; to identify and target additional sources of value
- Get in touch with us to learn more about Business Model Analysis Framework
- Get free data, charts, and analysis of Fidelity National Financialand its peers on select key performance indicators by clicking the reports provided below