ManpowerGroup Inc. provides workforce solutions and services in the Americas, Southern Europe, Northern Europe, and the Asia Pacific Middle East region. The company's recruitment service portfolio includes permanent, temporary, and contract recruitment of professionals, as well as administrative and industrial positions. It also offers various assessment services; career management; training and development services; and outsourcing services related to human resources functions primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives. In addition, the company provides workforce consulting services; professional resourcing and project-based solutions in information technology, engineering, and finance fields; contingent staffing and permanent recruitment services; solutions in the areas of organizational efficiency, individual development, and career management; and talent based outsourcing services, TAPFIN managed services, and recruitment process outsourcing services, as well as Proservia services in the areas of digital services market and IT infrastructure sector. It operates through a network of approximately 2,800 offices in 80 countries and territories. The company was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Business Analysis of ManpowerGroup
The Industrial Support Services Sector is witnessing a major shakeup, new age business models in the industry are transforming both customers and businesses. Faced with this uncertainity, companies are investing resources to transform their business. An in-depth business analysis is a valuable resource to identify and articulate the need for a business model change. At R&P Research we believe, the starting point for a business analysis is Benchmarking. Business benchmarking can be done at various levels: 1) Industry Benchmarking 2) Peer Benchmarking 3) Disruptors Benchmarking. In this report, we share the snapshot of how ManpowerGroup compares against the industry on the major performance indicators. This analysis, along with peer group/disruptors benchmarking and revenue model understanding can help identify growth and cost optimization opportunities to maximize the value delivered by ManpowerGroup to its stakeholders. R&P Research Industry Intelligence Platform provides historical data for last 15 years with an easy to use benchmarking interface for an in-depth comparative business analysis.
Here is the performance snapshot of ManpowerGroup with an interactive chart.
- Revenue Growth: ManpowerGroup reported a revenue growth of 1.7% year-on-year during 2016. Staffing & Outsourcing Services Industry grew at 3.0% in the same period
- COGS share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, ManpowerGroup spent 83.0% of its total revenues on COGS. Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average (COGS share of revenue) in the same period was 71.2%
- R&D share of Revenues: ManpowerGroup R&D share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- SG&A share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, ManpowerGroup spent 13.1% of its total revenues on Sales, Marketing, and General Administration (SG&A). Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average SG&A spending in the same period was 21.7%
- Inventory share of Revenues: ManpowerGroup Inventory share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- Accounts Payable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, ManpowerGroup invested 9.7% of its total revenues on Accounts Payable (A/P) Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Accounts Payable investment in the same period was 6.3%
- Accounts Receivable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, ManpowerGroup invested 22.5% of its total revenues on Accounts Receivable (A/R). Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Accounts Receivable investment in the same period was 19.3%
- PP&E share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, ManpowerGroup invested 0.7% of its total revenues on Property, Plants, and Equipments (PP&E). Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average PPE investment in the same period was 2.5%
- Intangibles share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, ManpowerGroup invested 7.8% of its total revenues on Intangibles. Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Intangibles investment in the same period was 12.4%
- Net Margins: ManpowerGroup Net Margins in the year 2016 were 2.3%. Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Net Margins in the same period were 4.1%
Sector and Industry Association of ManpowerGroup
For the purpose of performance benchmarking of a company with a sector or industry average, R&P Research associates every company with one sector and one industry. An industry consists of companies with related/similar business models. A sector comprises of a group of related/similar industries. For high-level analysis purposes, related/similar sectors are grouped into sector groups.
ManpowerGroup is associated with Industrials Sector Group, Industrial Support Services Sector, and Staffing & Outsourcing Services Industry.
Industrial Support Services sector is comprised of the following industries: Business Services; Consulting Services, Training and Professional Services; Staffing & Outsourcing Services; Environmental Services. The definitions for each of the industries is as follows:
- Business Services industry includes providers of non financial services to a wide range of industrial enterprises and governments. This industry includes providers of uniform companies, Staffing and Outsourcing companies, office cleaning services, and companies that install, service and monitor alarm and security systems.
- Consulting Services, Training and Professional Services industry includes companies that offer management consulting services to both public and Governmental agencies.
- Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry includes companies providing contract, temporary, as well as permanent staff to clients with specific employment requirements. These companies also provide payroll and human resources outsourcing solutions for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Environmental Services industry includes companies that provide consulting and services for pollution reduction and control, recycling, waste-to-energy conversion, and hazardous waste management.
Industry Ranking of ManpowerGroup
With $19.7 billion revenues, ManpowerGroup ranked number 1 of all the companies in the US Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry. There were a total of 13 public companies in the US Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry that had revenues greater than $50 million during 2016.
The top-10 companies in the US Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry by revenues during 2016 were:
Business Model Analysis (BMA) Framework
We use the following framework to assess the business model of a company. Business Model Analysis framework can be used by organizations to articulate growth strategies and identify cost optimization opportunities. Technology and consulting companies can use this framework to identify the value drivers and pain points of their targeted customers. Entrepreneurs can use this framework to understand the language of business and identify promising business opportunities. This framework can be used by any professional aspiring to take up a leadership role to better understand the businesses challenges, articulate growth strategy, and monitor the business improvement requirements for the organization.
- Conduct a holistic benchmarking; to identify and target additional sources of value
- Get in touch with us to learn more about Business Model Analysis Framework
- Get free data, charts, and analysis of ManpowerGroupand its peers on select key performance indicators by clicking the reports provided below