Robert Half International Inc. provides staffing and risk consulting services in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The company operates through three segments: Temporary and Consultant Staffing, Permanent Placement Staffing, and Risk Consulting and Internal Audit Services. It places temporary personnel for accounting, finance, and bookkeeping; temporary and full-time office and administrative personnel consisting of executive and administrative assistants, receptionists, and customer service representatives; full-time accounting, financial, tax, and accounting operations personnel; and information technology contract consultants and full-time employees in the areas of platform systems integration and end-user support, including specialists in Web development, networking, application development, systems integration, database design, security and business continuity, and desktop support. The company also offers temporary and full-time employees in attorney, paralegal, legal administrative, and legal secretarial positions; senior level project professionals in the accounting and finance fields for financial systems conversions, expansion into new markets, business process reengineering, business systems performance enhancement, and post-merger financial consolidation. In addition, it is involved in serving professionals in the areas of interactive media, design, marketing, advertising, and public relations; and placing project consultants in various positions, such as creative directors, graphics designers, Web content developers, Web designers, media buyers, brand managers, and public relations specialists. Further, the company provides business and technology risk consulting, and internal audit services. It markets its staffing services to clients, as well as to employment candidates. The company was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
Business Analysis of Robert Half International
The Industrial Support Services Sector is witnessing a major shakeup, new age business models in the industry are transforming both customers and businesses. Faced with this uncertainity, companies are investing resources to transform their business. An in-depth business analysis is a valuable resource to identify and articulate the need for a business model change. At R&P Research we believe, the starting point for a business analysis is Benchmarking. Business benchmarking can be done at various levels: 1) Industry Benchmarking 2) Peer Benchmarking 3) Disruptors Benchmarking. In this report, we share the snapshot of how Robert Half International compares against the industry on the major performance indicators. This analysis, along with peer group/disruptors benchmarking and revenue model understanding can help identify growth and cost optimization opportunities to maximize the value delivered by Robert Half International to its stakeholders. R&P Research Industry Intelligence Platform provides historical data for last 15 years with an easy to use benchmarking interface for an in-depth comparative business analysis.
Here is the performance snapshot of Robert Half International with an interactive chart.
- Revenue Growth: Robert Half International reported a revenue growth of 3.1% year-on-year during 2016. Staffing & Outsourcing Services Industry grew at 3.0% in the same period
- COGS share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Robert Half International spent 58.9% of its total revenues on COGS. Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average (COGS share of revenue) in the same period was 71.2%
- R&D share of Revenues: Robert Half International R&D share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- SG&A share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Robert Half International spent 30.6% of its total revenues on Sales, Marketing, and General Administration (SG&A). Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average SG&A spending in the same period was 21.7%
- Inventory share of Revenues: Robert Half International Inventory share of Revenues details are not available because either company does not share the data or we do not have it
- Accounts Payable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Robert Half International invested 2.6% of its total revenues on Accounts Payable (A/P) Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Accounts Payable investment in the same period was 6.3%
- Accounts Receivable share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Robert Half International invested 13.4% of its total revenues on Accounts Receivable (A/R). Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Accounts Receivable investment in the same period was 19.3%
- PP&E share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Robert Half International invested 3.1% of its total revenues on Property, Plants, and Equipments (PP&E). Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average PPE investment in the same period was 2.5%
- Intangibles share of Revenues: As a percentage of revenue, Robert Half International invested 4.1% of its total revenues on Intangibles. Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Intangibles investment in the same period was 12.4%
- Net Margins: Robert Half International Net Margins in the year 2016 were 6.5%. Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry average Net Margins in the same period were 4.1%
Sector and Industry Association of Robert Half International
For the purpose of performance benchmarking of a company with a sector or industry average, R&P Research associates every company with one sector and one industry. An industry consists of companies with related/similar business models. A sector comprises of a group of related/similar industries. For high-level analysis purposes, related/similar sectors are grouped into sector groups.
Robert Half International is associated with Industrials Sector Group, Industrial Support Services Sector, and Staffing & Outsourcing Services Industry.
Industrial Support Services sector is comprised of the following industries: Business Services; Consulting Services, Training and Professional Services; Staffing & Outsourcing Services; Environmental Services. The definitions for each of the industries is as follows:
- Business Services industry includes providers of non financial services to a wide range of industrial enterprises and governments. This industry includes providers of uniform companies, Staffing and Outsourcing companies, office cleaning services, and companies that install, service and monitor alarm and security systems.
- Consulting Services, Training and Professional Services industry includes companies that offer management consulting services to both public and Governmental agencies.
- Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry includes companies providing contract, temporary, as well as permanent staff to clients with specific employment requirements. These companies also provide payroll and human resources outsourcing solutions for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Environmental Services industry includes companies that provide consulting and services for pollution reduction and control, recycling, waste-to-energy conversion, and hazardous waste management.
Industry Ranking of Robert Half International
With $5.3 billion revenues, Robert Half International ranked number 3 of all the companies in the US Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry. There were a total of 13 public companies in the US Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry that had revenues greater than $50 million during 2016.
The top-10 companies in the US Staffing & Outsourcing Services industry by revenues during 2016 were:
Business Model Analysis (BMA) Framework
We use the following framework to assess the business model of a company. Business Model Analysis framework can be used by organizations to articulate growth strategies and identify cost optimization opportunities. Technology and consulting companies can use this framework to identify the value drivers and pain points of their targeted customers. Entrepreneurs can use this framework to understand the language of business and identify promising business opportunities. This framework can be used by any professional aspiring to take up a leadership role to better understand the businesses challenges, articulate growth strategy, and monitor the business improvement requirements for the organization.
- Conduct a holistic benchmarking; to identify and target additional sources of value
- Get in touch with us to learn more about Business Model Analysis Framework
- Get free data, charts, and analysis of Robert Half Internationaland its peers on select key performance indicators by clicking the reports provided below